Competitive Brief

For Concept Development Brief I have decided to make a music video about modern romance. Inspired by 1950s love comics, 1970s punk aesthetics and modern relationship love games, I created these comic illustrations accompanied with the song “Sexy Boy” by Air. This project is still in development but I’m already happy about this little sketch video that I made so far.

Advertisements

Experimental Communication Video

For Experimental Communication we have to create a Graphic Outcome that showcases all the work we’ve down during this term. I made a music video. I’ve chosen La Femme D’Argant by Air. This song is very spacey and when I listen to it, images of stars blinking and moving in Universe are arising in my head. I decided to make a video of starry sky with stars dancing and blinking to the music. My work is showcased in the stars. I learned a lot of new skills in AfterEffects while making this task and really enjoyed the outcome. Here are some stills from the video.

Derive. “I like it here, can I stay?”

For Derive task we had to go for an aimless walk around London and create an Graphic Design outcome inspired by sensations and ideas that arise during this walk. The idea that came into my mind was to create a collage of pictures that London associates to me with. I also found my first pictures that I took in London. When I first came here I used to wandering around with the music in the ears quite a lot. I remember when I heard a song “half a person” by the The Smiths, I realised that it was very much about me. It summarise what I feel about London. Inspired by the lyrics of Mr. Morrissey I decided to make moving collages music video. I created an artwork in Processing and edited video in After-Effects and it came out a nice video to the Smiths song.

missvic2074

missvic034

missvic004

missvic036

Here are some of the collages that I put in my video.

Projection Fun!

For our Projection project we decided to make a music video to a French indie song Sur la Plange by La Femme. As the song psychedelic with the notes of 1960s we created an artistic videos inspired by Pop Art, like bright lips with black and white videos.  We projected them on the paper cubes, recorded everything and edited a video in After Effects. The result is really nice vintage psychedelic video, which suits the song perfectly.

img_0098

Getting our materials ready to project and shoot.

img_0099

Je recherché des sensations.

img_0104

Looks psychedelic enough!

img_0118

Feeling like an early Pink Floyd photoshoot with psychedelic projection on me.

screen shot 2019-01-15 at 13.01.39

Screenshots from the video.

screen shot 2019-01-15 at 13.03.16

 

Projection project research and inspiration

For the Projection project I’ve done some research on my number one inspiration of all times Andy Warhol and his Silver Factory. When I used to live in New York I attended Times Square Midnight Moment where Andy Warhol’s famous 1960’s Screen Tests were projected into Times Square’s screens. At 12am Times Square sparked with 1960s aura of it’s famous people and superstars. When I read this brief this idea has immediately came into my mind. I researched deeper and looked through some Factor’s films when Andy used projections like Inner and Outer space and Chelsea Girls. I also looked at Bert Stern photography of that period and it gave me ideas and inspirations for my Projection project. I’m looking forward to bring it to life.

image.aspx

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 17.53.22Stern-1Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 17.50.05

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 17.49.17

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 17.49.06

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 17.48.52

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 17.47.34

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 16.05.43

Projection

Our new task is to experiment with projection and create some graphic design artefact out of it. At first we experimented with Madmapper and projecting generative design videos on mirrors and boards.

DSC04668

DSC04687

DSC04674

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 15.47.43

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 15.46.26

Letter V Destruction

Letter V was created using candles, all the candles were lit and then blown away. I made a video of the process and then edited it in AfterEffects. Some interesting stills have come out out of it. It was an interesting project because I had no idea at all what the final outcome would. It was an experimental process and the results look good. x

This slideshow requires JavaScript.